Monday, January 18, 2010

Another quick weekend

Seriously, where do these weekends go???

Friday night, I saw Avatar - I already mentioned how much I liked the movie. Definitely go see it in a theater in 3-D. Very cool! We saw it at the Showplace ICON (sorry, shameless plug for my bro's company coming up). It is a cool theater. There's a bar/lounge upstairs that serves food and drinks. Not just popcorn and hot dogs kind of food, they have pizzas and paninis and some fancy desserts. We sat in the VIP section which has extra large chairs and personal tables between every two seats, plenty of room for tall folks like me. And you get to drink in the VIP section, which is cool. Drinking wine while seeing Avatar might have made the movie even better! : )

Saturday, I dragged myself over to the 1.5 hour Spin class at the gym. I love that class, but it's hard to motivate myself to get there on a Saturday morning. The instructor is really cool and the class always kicks my butt, though, so it's worth it!

I spent a lot of Saturday afternoon writing thank-you notes. Then, we watched a little football over at C Funk's place. We tried out the new Domino's pizza. It's definitely better than the old version. The crust has some yummy garlic buttery kind of taste to it. I'd order it again.

On Sunday, Matt had to work all morning at the office. Boo. We went to Home Depot in the afternoon to pick up some toliet supplies. Apparently, our toliet was flushed one too many times and the flapper thing broke. Matt played plumber and got it all fixed up. He earned his keep for the day. ; )

We ended up at the Purple Otter later to feed Matt's wing craving and watch more football. The boy loves his wings! The PO was crowded... I guess a lot of people have today off - lucky ducks!

And then the weekend ended as it always does... watching Desperate Housewives and Brothers and Sisters. In a few weeks, bowling starts on Sunday nights... I can't wait!

No comments: