On Tuesday night, a few girls got together for a "book" club at Michelle's place. Lots of chatting and snacking and drinking of wine. And about 15 minutes of discussing and trading books. My kind of book club!
While I was over there, Andy and Samantha hung out with Matt at our place. I think Matt actually held Sam - that's moving in the right direction! Of course, Matt holding a baby is usually out of necessity and not by choice. He's not big on holding other people's babies until they are "big enough to walk to him" (a direct quote.) Maybe he thinks he'll break them or something. : ) Matt even got in a little babysitting time (or as I like to call it - practice!) while Andy ran to the store to grab some formula. Sam was none too happy to be left alone with Matt... he is kind of scary!

Wednesday night, we had the first game of our new volleyball season. Our team (now that Brandon is gone) is: me, Hany, Erin, Brett, Brian (a friend of Brandon's) and Jeremy (a friend of Hany's). The guys are all tall, which is nice. Brian wasn't able to make it this week, so Brandon subbed - it was nice to have him play with us one more time. He leaves in a couple weeks for Denver. Our team is looking promising this season, even though we only won one game.
Last night, Matt worked late... again. January sucks for him. I went to Spin class with Erin. I don't know what it is about the Thursday night instructor, but she can NOT figure out how to use the headset speaker. She makes it screech every week. Last night was no exception, she did it 4 times. I thought my ears were going to bleed! Awful! Afterwards, Matt and I went out for sushi at Izumi. Strawberry maki = yum!
I'm looking forward to the weekend - crossing my fingers that Matt won't have to work!
No comments:
Post a Comment