Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ouch!

Avery started complaining about her wrist hurting last Friday morning. I thought she had slept on it funny and figured it would work itself out. For the next few days, she would be using her right hand just fine. Then, she'd hit it on something or fall on it and start crying. This off and on pain was bothering her over the weekend and Monday. I thought, there must be something else wrong with her. So, Tuesday morning, I took her to see the doctor, who recommended we get an x-ray. So, we headed to Urgent Care. When Morgan had her ankle x-rayed a little while ago, she cried the entire time and was a mess. I was expecting the same from Avery, so I wasn't looking forward to the x-ray. But, this time, I was more prepared. I had a lollipop and told Avery if she was good, she could have it. Bribery is a great tool for toddlers. ;) She did great! No tears. She let me hold her hand in the correct position for the x-rays and sat still. I was surprised and relieved. So, after that, she got to have a blue lollipop and she loved it!


But, not even an hour later, the doctor called and said Avery had a broken arm. Ugh! The doc said we had to see a pediatric orthopedic doctor that same day. Luckily, the pediatric ortho doctor said it was very minor and just a buckle fracture. Lots of kids get them from falling on their hands wrong. Thank goodness! We had the option of a removable or non-removable cast. Of course, I went with the removable one. Avery is now sporting this cool brace for the next few weeks. She already figured out how to remove it on the way home. So, we're going to have to keep an eye on her!


Enjoying a little ice cream for her afternoon snack after a long day of doctor's visits

No comments: