I didn't even realize that my Dad was planning to come up to Chicago to bring my brother his new couches. My brother is almost all moved into my sister's old condo in Uptown. It's quite an upgrade from his studio. I met up with them for dinner at one of my favorite Lincoln Square Mexican restaurants... Garcia's. The food is pretty good and the price is even better. Huge burritos for $6.

After dinner, Erin and I headed downtown to one of her coworker's birthday parties. Suzanne was turning 30 and had rented out the Theodore Ascher Room of The Gage Restaurant. It's basically the whole basement bar area... the place is really nice. Suzanne hired a band (the Additives) and also had a DJ for when the band was on break. The band was really good... played a lot of their own stuff and also threw some great songs in there that everyone knew.
Here's the birthday girl:
They had an awesome cake with strawberries in the middle. It had a picture of her as a kid on it... too cute!

The place was rather expensive... I ordered a glass of wine for me and a Miller Lite bottle for Erin and it came to $18. Geesh! I saw that they had all these Belgian beers (with the appropriate glasses to serve them in!). I checked out the menu to see how much they were and... whoa! Every beer was like $12-$14. Totally makes me miss L'Aca, the 24-7 bar in Brussels, Belgium where we spent WAY too many hours and a Chimay was like 3 Euros... not $14!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment