Nothing too exciting to report this week... just typical stuff.
My parking situation
Parking on the street is no fun... well, at least in Matt's neighborhood lately it isn't. It used to be so easy, but now it's a pain to find a spot that is close to where I want to be and that isn't metered. I've parked my car in Matt's garage a few times... and then been too lazy to move it to the street later and ended up with crazy parking fees. Not smart.
There are 3 parking spots right down the street from where Matt lives that are absolutely perfect... because they are free and super close. I can actually see the spots from Matt's window. There used to be meters there, but for some reason they were removed and the curb was never painted yellow at those spots, so they are just free parking spots right on the street in the middle of all the metered spots. For a while, no one else would park there because they didn't know if the spots were legal or not... so that was like my personal parking spot. Not so much anymore... people have figured it out. And today, I saw that they are starting to put meters back up there. I guess the city figured it out, too. I knew it couldn't last forever. : (
The garage at Matt's building has a sign up that says they have monthly parking available, so I called the number to find out how much it was. I was given another number to call because the first one isn't exactly the right number... this went on for a few days. I actually called 4 different numbers. The last guy I talked to says to me "I don't know nothin' 'bout that." Huh?!? It was like I had called Pizza Hut and asked how much a Big Mac was. Finally, I just walked to the office in the parking garage and spoke to someone in person. The guy was like "I'll have to check if we have any spots available, I'll put you on the list". Ummm... what about that big sign you have set out that says "Monthly Parking Available". Yeah, they have some spots, but he just doesn't know much about it. Ummm... doesn't he work in this office??? What kind of show are these guys running around here? I wish I could do that at my job and still get paid! He gave me his business card and told me to email him... which I did and still haven't heard anything back from him. UGH!
Volleyball
We lost last night in three close games... very disappointing. We played the #1 team who are undefeated and remain that way. We were in second place, but probably won't be anymore. I'll blame Erin, since she was out of town and missed the game. jk : )
Four Shadows & Euchre
After v-ball we went to Four Shadows to grab a quick bite to eat. Also, because I wanted to check out the results of the big Euchre finals. : ) Brett & Deb's team (Nice to Meet You) were playing against Fubar & Bryan's team (Sigournery's Beaver). {Sidenote: Brett & Deb were in last place in the regular season and managed to make their way to the championship game in the playoffs!} I guess it was a good match... went to three games with lots of loners... Fubar and Bryan ended up the victors. And to the victors go the trophies... which of course say "Outstanding Poker Player", similar to the one Matt won when he was in the euchre league. Nice.
No comments:
Post a Comment