After the Sox game, Michelle and I headed down to pick up the boys on the South Side. They had continued the drinking from the earlier pre-partying and were in quite a good mood.
Michelle had stocked the car with some beer for the boys, but they needed a bottle opener... so we made a quick pitstop at Walgreens. I grabbed some cold medicine and Michelle and Matt picked up the bottle opener, snacks and Oreo Cakesters. Yum! We pretty much took over the checkout at Walgreens... Matt made friends with Victoria, the checkout girl, who told him that he "made her day". I think that made his day. : )
We were finally off... in the pouring rain. The drive went well until these big red flags kept showing up on the GPS system and it kept saying take a detour... which we initially ignored. After some backtracking, we made it to 65 and continued on our way. You can't really see it in this picture due to all the rain, but this is another exit sign for Hwy 65 with a big orange "CLOSED" sign on top of it.

Of course, the boys needed to make another pitstop so we hit a McD's. Andy made friends with two little boys in the bathroom who took pictures of him... I'm not even sure what that was about, but it's scary to say the least. JUST TO CLARIFY, PEOPLE: Andy is NOT a pedophile... he was actually minding his own business when these two little weirdos took a picture of him. I didn't realize how bad this sounded until I saw the comments! Sorry!
We finally made it to Lauren's place and relaxed with a few beers and a game of euchre. We headed out to dinner at Gentleman Tom's Hideway, a bar a few miles from Lauren's house.
We had planned to do a little barhopping, but Lauren had trouble finding the second bar... turns out we were soooo close. We were not any help... she could have dropped us off in a field two blocks from her house and we would have been totally lost!
We went to Holley's. The boys played this game called Lighthouse and probably lost more dollars on the game than they spent on alcohol at the bar.

Holley's was fun... live band and great people-watching. Notice the guy's rat-tail in the background!

Andy was really wanting to do some karaoke, so we headed back to Lauren's house. A few minutes later the karaoke machine was all set up and ready to go. Lots of singing followed... the poor cat, Darby, probably didn't know what the heck was going on!
I have a great video of the Andy & Matt Show. I'm surprised these two could talk in the morning!
The karaoke ended a little after 2am... and we all crashed.
The next morning we got up and headed back on the road for Chicago. We stopped off at Steak & Shake along the way.

Thanks to Lauren for showing us around DeMotte! We had a fun time! : )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Thanks for making me sound like a pedophile. The pciture came out of no where. Also, after watching that video, I may never karaoke again.
I wonder if a blog is admissible in court when you are up on kid touching charges?
Also, there is a field two blocks from Lauren's house? Awesome. Welcome to DeMotte...
I was in a bit of a crabby mood tonight until I stumbled upon this gem of a video...Well done Stacia!!
Post a Comment