My office is set up so that there are six cubicles in each aisle (aka six-pack). The cubes are on the outside of the floors (next to the windows) and the offices are on the interior. This set-up lets in more natural light, etc.
If you are a consultant, you get to have a cube next to the window (much better view!) Well, because I work with a small team of people, we all sit in the same six-pack. We are all consultants and there are three other people in my group that have more seniority than me, so I did not get a window cube. In fact, the cube I chose ended up being the worst cube of them all... on the aisle, right near where people eat lunch and get coffee; there is a tv there that some people like to watch Cheaters on during their lunch hour (awesome), and it's near the largest conference room, so people are always roaming around and distracting me. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I said that one would be fine with me.
Anyway, a few weeks ago, my co-worker Peter from my six-pack transferred offices, leaving vacant a better cube spot than the one I was currently in. As is customary when someone leaves, you raid their cube and take whatever they left that is of any value. : ) And in this case, I decided to just move into his cube.
At first, I got the big "NO-WAY" from the office administrator. But, with a little pull from some people higher up, I am now sitting in Peter's old cube and enjoying the new peace and quiet. I literally moved less than 15 feet, but it seems like a whole different space.
I've been told that I am not allowed to broadcast this big cubicle move. Apparently, it will cause scandal in the halls of TP. Others have asked and not been allowed to move. So, if they hear that I got to move, all hell will break loose... whatever.
Oh, and this cubicle move brings me back closer to Matt... he's oh so thrilled, I'm sure. I am now on the other side of the wall and one cube down from him. At least it's not like before, when we were sitting right next to each other. Talk about an awkward way to start off dating someone you work with!
No comments:
Post a Comment