On Friday, I took the afternoon off. Crystal got into town around lunchtime, so we headed over to Market for lunch outdoors in the sunshine. Perfect!
JJ got into town around dinner time. We stopped in at Dominicks and got all the fixings for tacos. We made tacos and drank margaritas and caught up with each other. I can't believe it's been over 17 years since we all played basketball together in high school!
On Saturday, we met up with my mom, aunts, cousin and sister for lunch at the Daily Bar and Grill in Lincoln Square. We sat outside and enjoyed more fresh air. Again, the weather was perfect!
JJ, Crystal and I went to get our nails done afterwards and then it was back to the condo to get prettied-up for the night out.
The bachelorette party started off at Erin's house with a pizza party... Pizza Hut = my fav! What goes better with pizza than a pink fizzy drink that tastes so yummy that you forget there's alcohol in it?!? Erin decked me out in tons of fun penis gear and a bachelorette tiara, veil and sash. We played a few games and I opened some great gifts from everyone.
One game was to see who I would say would do the chores around the house. Lauren had the most answers the same as mine, so she won the prize for that game. The other game was what would I take on my honeymoon if I could only take 10 things. There was a 3-way tie for that game, but we had a tie-breaker and my aunt June ended up winning the prize for that game.
While I was opening gifts, Erin asked me questions that Matt had answered for her earlier to see how well we really know each other. If I missed the question, I had to do a shot. If I got it right, I got to give out a shot. I did a few shots, but overall I think I did pretty well. : )
Erin and me in my bachelorette gear

Erin, me and Mom

I got some really lovely gifts!

And some very interesting ones, too!!! : )

My mom got me a very pretty bracelet with my wedding date on it! I love it!

After the party at the house, we boarded the trolley for a little ride around the city. At first, the music kept cutting out and I was worried that we'd be listening to the radio for the trolley ride, but they fixed it and we went merrily along.
Trolley time

Me, JJ and Crystal on the trolley

Erin, me and Hany

Oh, my goodness Mom!

My aunts Lucy and Amy... a little windblown!

We drove down through the city and to the Soldier Field area. We stopped off for pictures with the city skyline in the background.
Group photo on the trolley

With the Chicago skyline in the background

Crystal, Hany, me, JJ and Erin

Crystal likes that penis candy!
June and Erin... so pretty!
Lots of silliness on the trolley

Me and Crystal on the trolley
Typcial conversation for me during the night:
Me: Hi, my name is Stacia and I'm drunk.
Wes (trolley driver): That's just how I like 'em.
I'm sure my mom was proud! : O
The trolley ride was a lot of fun. I ended up with many bruises from dancing around on that thing. : )
The last stop of the trolley was Lincoln Karaoke bar. Ahhh, karaoke... another fav of mine! They have all these separate rooms you can rent out and sing karaoke. Crazy Korean videos play on the screen while you are singing.
This is where the night gets a little blurry for me. : ) I know I was singing a lot (based on all the pictures of me with a microphone in my hand) and I remember having problems figuring out the whole karaoke system, because it was in Korean. Well, I'm sure the alcohol had something to do with that, too.
Kelly sings like a rockstar at the karaoke bar

Korean beer
Everybody sing...
Erin and me belting out Summer Nights... gotta love those strange Korean videos!
Hany told me that at one point, she looked over at my aunts on the couch and they both had their hands over their ears. They may be scarred for life! : )
After everyone had officially lost their hearing, we called it a night. Hany, JJ, Crystal and I were heading home and decided it might be a good idea to go dancing on Division Street... like it was on the way or something. : ) After a little bit of dancing, we finally headed home and crashed!
Sunday morning, I was not feeling so awesome. As Matt always says, I may have been a bit overserved. But, it was worth it. I had a lot of fun and it was great that everyone was able to come from out of town and in town and have a fun girls night out! And a super big "thank-you" to my sister for putting together such a fun night of all my favorite things for me! I love ya, chica! : )
1 comment:
It really was a fun night. Erin did a great job planning and hosting and Stacia, you did a great job celebrating!
Post a Comment