Last night, Hany and I decided last minute to grab a drink after work. Not sure where to go, I suggested we check out The Roof at the Wit Hotel. The weather was nice, so I thought it would be cool to sit outside somewhere with a view and have a glass of wine. We weren't the only ones with this idea. We waited in line about 45 minutes to get in. It didn't actually seem like that long because we were talking the whole time, so it wasn't bad.The bar itself is on the 27th floor and partially outdoors. I stole this pic from the web. It was a pretty cool place - good scenery, nice music, perfect if it's not too hot outside. The drinks were pricy and the food selection was not that great, though. It's one of those see-and-be-seen type places... there were some pretentious people there. As a rule, I don't like people that automatically think they are better than you and have an "I'm superior" type attitude. It's just annoying.
Case in point... Hany and I grabbed a quick drink at the bar before sitting down and as we were waiting for our drinks, a girl comes back from the bathroom and joins back up with the guy she had been standing next to at the bar. This "spot" of hers was a few inches into the "spot" where Hany was standing to buy her drink (NOTE: there was PLENTY of room for both to stand there.) So, this girl puts her nose in the air (LITERALLY!) and huffs, like 'how could we infringe on her space' and flips her head around towards the guy she was talking to and proceeds to deliberately back directly into Hany, pushing Hany into the person standing on the other side of her. Hany just looks at me, like WTF?!?! The girl continued to flip her hair around and talk to her guy friend like she was some movie star. She totally knew what she was doing and it was absolutely ridiculous. Hany and I both laughed! I wanted to say something to the girl, but it woudn't have made a difference. So, I didn't waste my time.
Anyway, we found a table to sit at, finished our one drink and then headed to Emerald Loop for dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment