I can't believe in about 30 days Matt and I will be on a plane to the Bahamas to get married! And on that plane will be about 10 of our relatives, too. We are all taking the same flight, so it will be like a big party! I'm so excited! : )
I've been trying to wrap everything up for the wedding in the Bahamas and also for the reception back here in Chicago by the end of October, so I'm not worrying about details on our honeymoon or have too much left to do when we get back.
This past week, my aunts on my Dad's side threw me a little bridal shower at my Aunt Amy's house in Arlington Heights. Erin and I drove out there after work on Thursday. Amy made a nice meal and we drank "p"imosas (as Sarah dubbed them; made with pomegranate juice instead of OJ) and caught up with each other. They got me some very nice gifts. An especially nice gift was something my aunt had been holding onto for a while. My grandmother had embroidered a table cloth for Matt and I just before she passed away and had given it to Amy to give to Matt and I when we got married. I was totally overwhelmed. I had no idea my grandma was working on anything for us. We weren't even engaged when she passed away... but, I guess she must have known.
She had these little tags she would sew to her work

The table cloth fits perfectly on our table. Matt said that if anyone spills on it, we might have to kill them. : )
1 comment:
That is awesome!!
Post a Comment