Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tasting

Matt and I went last night for our tasting at the hotel we're having the New Year's Eve reception. We went through all sorts of details about the reception... I'm sure Matt's head was about to explode. Luckily, there was food and wine involved, so he survived. : )

Our wedding planner here in Chicago (Audrey) is awesome. She's been doing this a while and she has everything under control. Which is so nice - compared to the Bahamas, where I'm still not sure what is going to happen when we get there. I know I'm getting married (one month from today!!!), but I'm waiting to see how it all turns out!

They had a table set up for us to see all of the different ways they can fold a napkin. I originally looked at the table and didn't even notice that. I don't think Matt did either. Audrey asked us which one we liked and I could just see Matt's expression... he could not care less what the napkins look like. So, of course, I made him say what he liked first. ; ) Honestly, I'm not too particular about that either. People just pick them up and put them on their lap anyway. No one notices that stuff... except other brides planning their weddings, right???

On a completely different topic... I got my car back today ($800 later!). So much for that $500 I thought I was spending. A few more things were wrong than originally thought. Ugh! The car does drive better now that the steering has been fixed. And the annoying noises are gone. The mechanic told me my car was really dirty. Yep, dude, I know. Some random person in my parking garage wrote "wash me" on my car the other day. How rude is that! I crossed it out with my fingers... and then my fingers were all black. Awful. I should probably take the thing to a carwash before people mistake it for being gray and not black.

Tonight, volleyball starts back up. I'm excited to be back in the swing of the fall v-ball league, but it seems way too early. Where did the summer go??? Before we know it, bowling will be starting back up! Geesh!

1 comment:

LaurenK said...

Ah, I remember going through that with the wedding... Do you like this 3" white candle? Or this 3.5" white candle? Glad Matt is getting involved. Lee was able to use the ol' "I live in Norfolk" excuse.

P.S. I am totally checking out the napkins NYE now!