Friday, January 29, 2010

Random stuff on a Friday morning

On Wednesday night, our v-ball team had to play the early game (6pm). It's always a challenge to get there that early right after work, but add in snow and pissed off drivers and the time sky rockets. Me and the three guys on the team were able to make it in time to start the first game. So, the four of us played vs. a full team of 6. We ended up doing pretty well, but we lost 26-24. Then, Erin and Hany showed up and we took the next two games. The games were both pretty close, which is way more fun than blowing out the other team. So, it was a good night of v-ball.

We stopped off at Four Shadows afterwards for a quick drink/bite to eat.

Yesterday, I made one of my favorite meals in the world... pot roast and mashed potatoes. I'm a big fan of comfort food! I'm also a big fan of leftovers! : ) Matt gave it the thumbs up!

After dinner, we played this game "Shut the Box" that BJ got for Matt. It's some game they used to play all the time at Blue Agave while Dana was working. Matt spent a lot of time there while I was working overseas. Anyway, the game started off well for me, but soon I was down a few bucks (we were playing for dollar bills). And Matt, being the good winner that he is, decides to take all of his new dollar bill winnings and "make it rain". Dollar bills floating all over the place. Nice, bud. This was supposed to be a friendly game! The game went on for a little longer, I won some money back and then eventually he won all of my dollar bills. The guy never loses!

We watched the Biggest Loser last night on DVR. I'm still trying to figure out who (if any) of these people I like and want to root for. I am looking forward to next week's show... the previews looked good. Hopefully, it's not one of those stupid Bachelor type previews where some girl said she was pregnant as a joke, but they made it look like she was serious... then they cut out that part of the scene from the show. Stupid.

The weekend is almost here! Yay! : )

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am starting to like the gray team. Watered down version of the togans from LS.