Last night, Matt and I checked out one sixtyblue for dinner (Michael Jordan's restaurant)... another Restaurant Week outing for us. We had never been there before, which is silly considering it's less than a mile from our place.
In case you are wondering where it got it's name (because we were), the address of the location used to be 160 Loomis, but now it is 1400 W Randolph. It was a "big blue building", so hence the 160 blue. Another interesting fact... the building used to be a pickle factory.
Overall, the food was pretty good - I started off with the vegan caesar salad, Matt had the quail risotto. For our entrees, I had salmon with mashed potatoes and spinach, Matt had grilled beef tenderloin with purple potato puree (interesting!). For dessert, I had (a very tart!) key lime panna cotta and Matt had a (super rich) peanut butter chocolate turine (sp?). And after the bill came, they brought us chocolate peanut butter cookies to take home with us. Those were great! Matt ate his on the walk home from the restaurant. : )
As for the restaurant itself, it was ok. Nothing spectacular about the decor. The service was kind of slow. We sat at the table for a good 10 minutes before even being acknowledged or given water. Our waiter finally came around a few minutes after that. He was ok, not overly friendly.
One bowling bet debt owed to Matt down, one to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment