Saturday, February 13, 2010

Trump-tastic Valentine's Day



Matt and I decided to celebrate Valentine's Day on Friday night since we have other plans for Saturday and Sunday. All he would tell me about what we were going to do was that I had to be ready by about 6:15 and I had to pack an overnight bag.

So, we got in a cab and he says "401 North Wabash"... I figured we'd be going to some fancy hotel, but for some reason, I thought that address was too far north to be the Trump Tower... but I was wrong. We stopped right out front.

At check in, they gave us warm towels to wash our hands off with. Our room was pretty sweet! We were on the 18th floor and the room was quite big - had a mini kitchen w/dishwasher, fridge, sink, etc. and lots of pots/pans and utensils. The fridge was stocked with overpriced stuff, of course. There was a selection of really high priced waters... one was in a Swarovski encrusted bottle called Bling H2O and cost $25!



There was a little seating area with a couch and chair with floor to ceiling windows. We had a north city view. The bathroom was great! Huge tub and shower... and there was a tv in the middle of the mirror! Why don't we have one of these at home?!?! ; )

There was a master light switch near the bed that you could push a button for Morning, Afternoon, Evening and Nightlight... so cool. It adjusted all the lights in the room for the time of day.

We had a drink at the bar in the hotel, Rebar. I had a Hibiscus Bliss, which was sparkling wine with black raspberry vodka and a Hibiscus flower in it. So pretty! Matt had his typical Belvedere martini. There was a lot of interesting people watching at Rebar.

After that, we headed to Capital Grille for some meat! Seriously, you just walk in that place and you are surrounded by the smells of meat. We started off with oysters for Matt and Caprese salad for me. We each had filet and Matt also had crab legs. We got augratin potatoes for our side. So good! So full! Since we were celebrating Valentine's Day, they gave us each a chocolate covered strawberry... yum! It was all the dessert we could eat after all the food!

We had a great Valentine's Day! I told Matt he set the bar kind of high for future Valentine's Days. He said not to get my hopes up... it goes downhill after this year. : (

Sidenote: I (STUPIDLY) didn't bring my camera with me, so I have no pictures. DOH!

No comments: