I'm terrible at keeping up on this blog! So, this post will serve as a quick catch-up.
Last week, Lent started. I decided this year I'd actually be a good Catholic and give something up and also remember to not eat meat on Fridays. I always forget. But, so far so good. I decided to give up caffeine (mainly coffee and sodas w/it). I didn't realize how much caffeine I drank, but judging by the headaches I've been having, I must have drank a lot! On Friday, I thought my brain was going to explode out of my ears... it was pretty bad. And taking Advil didn't help. Luckily, it's getting better each day.
On Thursday of last week, I went to get my hair trimmed and highlighted. Duschan decided to add some lowlights this time, so my hair looks a little darker (or "warmer" as he described it). I don't think anyone else probably will notice (I know Matt didn't!), but whatever. I like it! I'm still not sure about the bangs. I'm giving it a little more time, but I will probably grow them back out before Erin's wedding... just so I won't forever look back at her wedding pictures and wonder why I did that to my hair!
Matt's grandfather passed away a few weeks ago and they had an open house at his aunt and uncle's house in Essexville, MI last weekend. So, we drove to MI on Friday and drove back early Sunday morning. Almost everyone was able to make it for the open house, so that was nice. There was a ton of food and I think I ate nonstop on Saturday.
We got back into town in time on Sunday to meet up with my parents who were in town visting. My Dad and bro had gone to the Auto Show and my mom and sis went shopping. We grabbed lunch with them at the Beer Bistro. They wanted to get home before the big snow storm.
After that, I totally crashed on the couch for a good couple of hours before heading off to bowling. So far this league, Matt has won date night twice and I have won once.
And speaking of paying off the date night debt, last night we went out for dinner at David Burke's Primehouse in the James Hotel. I had heard good things about the place and since it's Restaurant Week, what better time to check it out... plus, it was on Matt's dime! : ) Matt started off with lobster bisque, then had the Delmonico steak. I started off with a salad and then had the filet. The steaks were served with 4 small sides (spinach, asparagus, mashed potatoes and mushrooms). We both got the same dessert - peanut butter ice cream with a banana cake. The food was really good, but I think I'm still partial to Joe's. Maybe if we had tried the 75 day dry-aged steak (which was like a $30 upgrade to the RW menu)... that is supposed to be excellent and their signature steak.
Two more debts to be paid... by me.
I'm drawing a blank on anything else interesting that happened in the past week, so that's it for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment