Sunday, November 18, 2007

The best cure for jet lag... party at Fubar's and the Diner!!!

After taking a quick nap (fastest two hours of my life!), I forced myself to get up and shower and get ready to go out. I figured that if I could stay up for a few hours, it would help me get back on the Chicago time schedule and hopefully not be too jet lag. Matt and I headed up to Fubar's party around 8:30pm. I drank a Red Bull in the cab on the way up there in hopes of lasting until 10pm.

Fubar (aka Mike) is a former actuary, turned high school math teacher and coach of freshman football at a southside school here in Chicago. He recently moved out of his old apartment (Club Fubar) into a new one (Fubar Manor???) and now lives with Deb and Stacy. Tonight was the inaugural party at Fubar Manor. The new apartment is very nice... two living rooms and there is a "party room" where the bar and barstools from Club Fubar fit perfectly.

At the beginning of the night, I had planned on staying out for a few hours and having a couple drinks and calling it an early night. I did not think I would be able to stay up very late at all, especially after how hard it was to get up from that nap earlier. Fast forward to 5 hours later... I was still standing and even dancing a little. I stayed out later than I would on a regular weekend night, let alone one where I've had only 2 hours of sleep out of the past 28 hours! I kept reminding Matt of what time it was in Amsterdam, which I think he started to find annoying after about the fifth time. : )

A few highlights of the party...

Clint made some new friends... or at least he thought they were "new". On 3 separate occasions with 3 different girls, Clint introduced himself, to which the girl responded "Yeah, we've met before." His response, "Yeah, I must have been drunk. Sorry." Now, once or maybe even twice, this isn't too bad... but, by the third time, it was pretty funny. I wonder if he'll remember meeting them at the next party?



"Shoulders"... Matt + BJ = Trouble. So, these two goofballs decide to create a nickname for a certain person at the party and then send Bryan on a mission to figure out who they are talking about. I (being the nice person that I am and finding this game pretty silly) decide to help Bryan out... to no avail (and to the protests of Matt and BJ). I'm not sure Bryan ever knew who it was (or even cared by the end of the night).



Speaking of Bryan... he was hamming it up in hopes of getting his picture on the blog. So, here you go... you made the blog! : ) You can see more pics of him and the party if you CLICK HERE.



We stayed at Fubar's until about 1am and then ended the night at the Diner... Matt's favorite late night place to go for greasy food and milkshakes. At the Diner Grill (or Dinner Grill depending on which side of the building you look at), you can get the famous "Slinger"... a big heaping mess containing the following: hash browns, grilled onions, two cheeseburger patties and two eggs over easy all covered in chili. There is a sign on the wall that says, "Don't ask, just eat." And the best part is that if you finish it in one sitting, you get a certificate celebrating your accomplishment. I do not possess one of these certificates and probably never will. Matt, on the other hand, does. We all stayed away from the Slinger tonight. No one was up for the challenge. : )

No comments: