Monday, November 12, 2007

Another day... another rainbow

Just a typical Monday... nothing too exciting going on. The weather was crazy again as usual. I can't believe how many rainbows I've seen since I've been here!



A little bit of touristy information for you... this area is called the Nieuwmarkt and is where my metro stops. The Nieuwmarkt has a lot of bars, restaurants and "coffeeshops". On the weekends, people set up stands to sell fruits, veggies, flowers, wooden shoes and other random stuff. The castle looking building is called 'De Waag'. It was once one of the city's gates back in the medieval times before the walls were tore down (1400's). It has also been a weighing-house and a place where surgeons would perform public dissections (nice, huh!). Now, the building is a restaurant. I have not eaten there, but some of my work colleagues have and said it's very nice (apparently, it has an awesome interior lit by hundreds of candles.)



In case you were wondering what is shown on TV over here... there really aren't a lot of English channels. Maybe more if you had something other than basic cable and 15 channels like I do. Some of the Dutch channels will play English shows every once in a while. But, nothing too recent. I am lucky enough to get to see the A-Team every night, though! : ) Also, Seinfeld and South Park are on most nights.

2 comments:

Mich said...

You should totally get Matt a pair of wooden shoes - he would love them!

Oompa said...

Ummm, I already have a pair. Thanks though.