Last night, we drove back to Pittsfield, IL for a surprise 60th birthday party for a friend of our family. This is the town where I spent my years from age 3 through age 9 1/2. This is also the town where I was crowned "Little Miss Piglet"... not for what you think... I had the longest pigtails (braids)! Quite an honor! : ) I hadn't been back there in so many years and it was really strange to drive down the street we used to live on and see our old house. Everything seemed so much smaller. There was an empty lot that we used to play baseball in all the time with all the neighborhood kids... the lot seemed so tiny to me now and the street seemed so much shorter! I guess I was a lot smaller then. : )
The party was held at a bar in the town square called The Brickyard. Erin and I got to see some of the people we grew up with... our old neighbors from down the street, Jami and Cory, and some others we had gone to the Ozarks with every year, Allison and Geoffrey. We also got to hear lots of stories about how crazy my dad used to be "back in the day". We all had a lot of fun catching up with everyone!
Erin, Mary and my mom

Me, Erin, Jami, Allison and Cory

The kids back in the day at the Ozarks one year (sorry, the picture didn't come in so well!) I'm 2nd from the left, Erin is 4th from the left and starting 3rd from the right are Jami, Allison and Cory. Yep, I was tall back then, too!

Kent does a $25 shot (Special Crown Royal - just one of the many he had)... I'm sure he wasn't feeling so great this morning!

My parents and Kent and Mary
No comments:
Post a Comment