This morning I got another "confirmation" email telling me that the prices of the flights I booked on Monday were actually $4,400 instead of $3,600 like I had previously thought. I asked my assistant to check into this because it didn't seem right that they could jack up the price like that. Turns out that the flights were never actually reserved and nothing was even going to be charged to my credit card. Of course, no one in the travel department thought it was necessary to inform me of this little snafu! I guess I would have just showed up for my flight tomorrow night and found out then that the confirmation I had was invalid. The weird thing was I even looked up my flight reservation separately on the United website and it was there. I'm not sure what the heck happened, but the end result was that I had to "cancel" that reservation and re-book all of my flights... talk about last-minute stress!
Now here's a very weird thing... on Monday I booked four flights and I couldn't get the direct flight going to Amsterdam on Thursday for less than $3,700 for that flight alone. So, I ended up booking the connecting flight for Thursday. Today, when we went back to re-book the flights, I got all direct flights and the total cost came to almost $4,000... but when I got the final email confirmations, the total cost shows up as $3,450. What is going on here?!?!? I don't really mind since it's cheaper and as long as these tickets are valid and I'm allowed on the airplane, I'm happy. But, I'm still a little skeptical of this travel dept. I guess we'll know if the tickets were good if I'm in Amsterdam on Friday. : )
No comments:
Post a Comment