Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Some random notes on a Tuesday...

Update on my work visa... it seems the approval process is getting messy. I was originally supposed to be back in Chicago on Nov 17th, staying for only a week and then head back to the Netherlands on Nov 24th. I just heard today that that may not be the case. The approvals for the work visas are supposed to be coming our way by Nov 23rd... which, of course, is a holiday. Since we have to go in person to the Dutch Consolate, I think it may be at least Tuesday 27th by the time I fly back to the Netherlands. It's definitely annoying not knowing. At least I can be home for Thanksgiving this year! : )

In other news, I got an email from my uncle telling me that the Sammy Fund event this year raised a record $41,000! Amazing! Since I didn't have this blog up and running back in October when the event took place, I'll add a couple of my favorite pics here now. : )

The Sammy Fund event weekend starts off early Saturday morning with a 5k run/2m walk.


Afterwards, we always head to the bar (even though it's only 10am!) for beer and chili dogs.


On Sunday, there is a golf tournament, dinner and silent auction.

Here, Erin sinks an awesome putt and Matt celebrates. Our team did not come in last place this year (as we have in the past)... maybe that has something to do with the new addition to the team this year. : )

No comments: