Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Canal cruise at night

I saw that they have canal cruises you can take at night through Amsterdam to see the buildings and bridges all lit up and also drink wine and eat cheese along the way... sounds good to me! So, Wednesday night, Matt and I went on a 2-hour cruise through Amsterdam. When we got on the boat, we were the only people on there besides the driver and the tour guide... Matt was a little worried no one else would show up. But, a few other couples got on board.



We cruised around various canals, drank a bottle or two of wine and I ate some cheese. Since everyone on the boat requested English as the language, the whole tour was in English (much better than tours where they repeat everything four times in four different languages). The tour guide was pretty funny... or maybe it was the wine that made him seem funnier! Anyway, it was a very nice time. I think Matt thought it was kind of cheesy, but he lived through it. : )

My camera doesn't take very good pictures at night, so none of them really turned out.





The boat went down the canal right by my apartment!



Here's me in front of our boat, the Toon Hermans. Behind me is that huge bike parking garage and the flash from the camera reflected off the wheels a little... so that's what all those circles are.

No comments: