Monday night, the four of us working over here from Chicago (Meg, Bryan, Dan and me) had a dinner with two of the leadership from our company here in the Netherlands. They wanted to get our feedback about working over here, how it compares to Chicago, how our new systems are working out for them, any suggestions we might have... that kind of stuff. Since everyone besides Meg and I are in Rotterdam, that's where the dinner was... so we took the train over, which takes about an hour. Dinner was at this really nice little restaurant called La Stanza. The food was great and I think the conversations went well, too. Meg and I both passed out on the train ride back to Amsterdam afterwards. After getting home so late the night before from Berlin and then doing this, we were worn out.
Tuesday night, just stayed in. I tried to go to sleep early, but could NOT sleep. It was no good.
Last night... since Meg is only here another week and we are out of town in London this coming weekend, she wanted to go out for dinner and try an Indonesian rice table. I suggested the place that Matt and I had just been at because I knew it was really good and not as crazy expensive as some of the others. So, back to Puri Mas. But, first, we stopped off at Wynand Fockink for a pre-dinner drink. I think she got raspberry (Framboos) and I got blackberry (zwartebessen) brandy-wine. Very tasty... here's us "slurping":

Here's us at Puri Mas with our rice table:

Today for lunch, we are going out of the office (a big treat here!) for a going-away lunch for Meg. Where our office is located, there are not any restaurants nearby so we eat every day in the cafeteria on the top floor of our building.
No comments:
Post a Comment