Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Nash-Vegas

We had a very fun weekend in Nashville. I was totally wiped out on Sunday! : )

The trip started on Friday afternoon at Midway airport. When Matt and I showed up at the airport, everyone was already in the bar drinking. Awesome. The flight was totally full, no empty seats. The seven of us took up two rows and Matt was the odd man out in a row by himself.


We played the "low card buys the first round of drinks" game. I lost. Aces were low and I drew an ace. I have the worst luck. Andy had some Southwest drink tickets so I got a little bit of a break. We played one more time and Matt lost and had to buy the second round. I think he drew an ace, too. Wow. We both have bad luck.

Before I could finish my second drink, we were already starting the descent. I went to put my tray table up and set my drink in my lap for just a second and wouldn't you know it... it spilled all over my lap. I looked like I had wet my pants... both sides all the way to the back. Nice.


Of course, everyone was very sympathetic and helped me out completely... mainly by yelling stuff like "wow, I can't believe that girl peed her pants on the plane" as they walked behind me through the Nashville airport to the baggage claim.

We dropped our stuff off at the hotel and headed out for dinner at Rippy's BBQ. The weather was awesome in Nashville... sunny and warm. Typical Matt avoiding the camera.


After dinner we ended up at Second Fiddle (otherwise known as our Second Home for most of the weekend). Kristin met us out at the bar (she lives in Nashville now). Matt and Fubar played a serious game of thumb-war.


Michelle, Andy, Matt and I called it an early night on Friday so Michelle could get back to the hotel and get a good night's sleep (or try to, at least... Matt snores and the hotel has thin walls). Matt decided, in what was possibly a stupid drunken state, that he would get up and run part of the race with Michelle on Saturday morning. And by "part of" the race, he meant run "8 miles" with her!

The others stayed out... some later than others. Some didn't even get to sleep before we woke up the next morning! Apparently, a lot of interesting stuff happened in those hours. : )

Saturday morning was pretty rainy, but stopped before the race started, which was nice because the weather was cool. Perfect running weather. Matt, Andy and Michelle went to meet up with Barry who gave them a ride to the start of the race. I slept a couple more hours (so nice!) and then went to mile #10 to meet up with Matt. He was running from mile 2 to mile 10 with Michelle. Andy was running from mile 8 through the end with her. Matt made it the 8 miles without too much trouble... he did say his feet were hurting from pounding the pavement. Here's a pic of them crossing mile 10.



Michelle did awesome and finished 10 minutes less than her time from last year! Congrats! : )

After the race, we chowed on some Papa John's pizza and started out on a mini-bar crawl. Legends... Second Fiddle... Robert's...



Michelle and I did a little shopping at the souvenir shops on Broadway. I don't know who buys some of that stuff!

We all met up at Barry's around 4pm Saturday for a few drinks before going out. We played a few games of euchre. Kathryn brought some awesome cupcakes for Michelle's birthday. Reuter mixed up some shots for the boys to do...


Then, Michelle and Andy shotgunned beers... Reuter won, but only by a second.


We left Barry's place and half of us headed out to dinner at Bailey's sports bar and the rest went on to Second Fiddle.



I got the Kryptonite-Rita... I thought it was going to just be a regular sized margarita, but it was huge!



After dinner, the rest of us met up with everyone at Second Fiddle. Lots of fun... here are a few more pics from Saturday night.






1 comment:

Mich said...

Great summary and nice pics!!!