Last night, Matt and I went to Bespoke Cuisine for a cooking class/party. Matt got me a cooking class for my birthday last September and we finally went! This is the same place that I had been a month or so ago for a friend's bachelorette party.
The cooking theme was a summer menu of the following:
> Appetizers: Pastry-wrapped asparagus and prosciutto - and - Caprese skewers
> Salad: Grilled watermelon, feta and arugula
> Entree: Peach bbq-grilled chicken breasts accompanied by summer squash orzo pasta and grilled baby bok choy
> Dessert: Summer berry crisp with vanilla bean ice cream
You can bring your own wine/beer and they have some cheese/bread for a starter while you wait for everyone to show up. There were 17 people there for the party. Sidenote... strangely, there was another Stacia in the group. That never happens! I have not met a lot of other Stacias and to have two of us in a group of 17 people at a cooking class is kind of crazy.
They split us up into groups and each group worked on a different portion of the menu. Matt got put into the Entree group and I was in the Salad group. I had never seen someone grill watermelon before, so that was cool. I didn't get to use any of the big knives, but Matt did. Some girl in his group actually cut her finger. Oops.
Matt made friends with Calvin (one of the chefs) and Calvin gave him a Belgian beer in a can to try. It was actually really good. He had mentioned to Calvin about me being there for a bachelorette party before. Calvin didn't recognize me, but he did remember the penis cake that we had for the bachelorette. It was pretty memorable, to say the least!
After the cooking was finished, we all sat down together at tables and the chefs served us the food. The food was amazing! I loved the appetizers and the bbq sauce on the chicken was phenomenal. Matt can't wait to try out the recipe at home.
We had a fun time... we will definitely be going again. Hopefully, next time we can get a group together to go! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment