I'm usually not very lucky at all. I never win anything. But, the other day Tonya did a coin toss to figure out who would be in which city in the Netherlands (choices are Rotterdam or Amsterdam) and I actually won the coin toss! That means I'll be back in Amsterdam again and Dan will be back in Rotterdam.
I feel bad for Dan because I know he also wanted to be in Amsterdam (he's been twice overseas for work and lived in each city once). Since we're both on the same work team (Valuation Director's Team or as Matt likes to call it, the VD Team... thanks, babe), we have to split up between the two cities so our "expertise" is available to both offices. But, I am really glad that I got Amsterdam. I haven't lived/worked in Rotterdam before and I'm happy to be going back to a city I'm familiar with and to an office where I know a lot of the people. Rotterdam is not a bad city by any means, it's more of a modern city than Amsterdam is.
Up until last Friday, we weren't sure if 3 or 4 people would be going this year, which meant that one person could end up in a city by themselves. I was really hoping that it wouldn't be me, but then again the other person they were thinking of sending was a young guy who probably would cry if he had to be stuck in a foreign city with me for 3 months. Seriously folks, I'm pretty lame. He'd be wanting to go out every night and I'd be crashed on the couch IM'ing Matt and whoever else is online. : ) I like to save up my energy for the weekends. Anyway, they are sending 4 people (yay!)... so all is good.
Looks like the title of the blog will be changing back to it's original name in a few months... : )
No comments:
Post a Comment