Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend wrap-up

This weekend was actually pretty productive... I got a lot of stuff done that's been on the list of 'things to do' for a while.

The weekend started off on Friday night for Matt and I with some awesome lasagna, a lot of wine and some fun games of Catch Phrase with Andy & Michelle. It was guys against girls and let's just say the girls didn't lose. : )

On Saturday, I organized my room at Erin's place (if any of you have seen this room, you know that this took quite a while!), did some laundry and went through about 4 months of mail. I must have had 100 of those stupid convenience checks from my two credit cards. I can't believe they keep sending them to me. Just more paper to shred.

After that, I met up with my brother and cousin Chris and we headed to Union Station to get my cousin Kyle and his girlfriend Melina. We grabbed Matt and went to the Taste of Greece a few blocks from his house. TONS OF FOOD!!! We ate at Greek Islands and I was soooooo stuffed.

I love saganaki (flaming cheese!) : )


I don't much like it when what's cooking looks exactly like what it used to be... makes it harder to eat!

We walked around for a bit to help the food digest and then ditched Matt and went to Diversey River Bowl for a few games. I hadn't been bowling (except for the Wii) in SO long. I started out a little slow, but by the third game I was getting back into the swing of it. Bowling on the Wii is fun, but I realized I miss the real thing!

On Sunday, I continued to cross things off the list.
- I worked out in the morning. I really need to get in shape! I probably ruined the workout by eating the 18-wheeler breakfast at Le Peep an hour later, but oh well... baby steps!
- I got the oil changed in the car. I think it's been about a year since the last time I did that and I haven't even driven 3k miles since then. I guess that's what happens when you don't drive your car for 4 months of a year. The guy said I have a slow oil leak, but the oil was still full. How that is possible, I don't know. Must be a very slow leak!
- I ran to Target to stock up on some stuff. I love Target, but not on Sundays. Way too many people pushing their carts without paying any attention to where they are going. They should set up the aisles like a road and you have to stick to one side. I love it when people just stop their carts right in the middle of an aisle... "that's ok, keep looking at every single bottle of detergent, read the back panel if you have to, before you decide on one and please be totally oblivious that your cart is in everyone's way".
- I dropped off some old clothes at the Salvation Army. They've been in my car for weeks.
- And then I went for a manicure at a place by Matt's house. A manicure is always on the list! : )

Sunday night, we watched the closing cermonies of the Olympics. I'm sad that they are over, but it's probably a good thing... I've been spending way too much time on the couch sucked into the Olympics for the past couple of weeks.

No comments: