This year, it's turned into quite a big deal.
There are 4 teams:
(1) Top Dogs
(2) Middle Management
(3) Young Guns
(4) Interns
Each has their own color. My team, Middle Management, is white... as in toga. Yes, we will be wearing togas. Lucky for Matt and I, we already had some from Fubar's toga party!
The official logo of the TP Olympics is this... our TP logo with the rings super-imposed over it. Pretty nify, eh?

We are competing in 7 events:
(1) Feats of strength
(2) Down the hatch
(3) Triviapalooza
(4) Closest to the pin
(5) Dodgeball
(6) How fast can you...
(7) TP triathlon
None of the names of events are a good indication of what the game really is going to be (maybe execpt for the trivia one). It's all shrouded in secret at this point and only a certain lucky few know what each event entails.
There's a limit to the number of events you can compete in. I am competing in #6 and #7. Matt is only competing in #4. I think he already knows what the games are... but he WON'T TELL ME ANYTHING!
Anyway, I hope to take some pics (of course!) of the festivities today. If my camera holds up... it's on it's last leg these days. Not from overuse (even though I'm sure that doesn't help the situation!) It has more to do with the incident at the ballpark where a certain sister of mine accidentally dropped the camera and it split in half. ; )
On a completely other topic... I looked at the sign on Dominicks again today and it says there was evidence of insects OR rodents, so maybe it was just one and not the other. Not that that makes me feel all that much better... a rat or a cockroach... I don't want either of those things near my food! The sign also said that Dominicks had been notified of these issues in the past and has continually ignored the warnings and not cleaned up the store. WTF? I could have gone without knowing that. How long have I been eating meat that was cut near where these vermin have been hanging out? Well, I guess I'm not dead, so it obviously hasn't affected me too negatively. But, the thought of it doesn't make me too happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment