Friday, August 22, 2008

TGIF

It's finally Friday. I'm SO ready for the weekend! : )

Since I really don't have a lot to report, I'll just rattle off some random notes...

- My cousins are coming up to Chicago this weekend. Kyle is coming to visit his girlfriend Melina who lives in the 'burbs. Chris is just coming up for a trip to the Windy City. Chris isn't 21 yet (although he did have a great time when he came over to the NL for a visit and could drink legally in bars there), so we'll probably be going places that serve alcohol, but also let minors in. I'm thinking the bowling alley, but we'll see what they are up for.

- There is a girl, Etta, that I worked with in the NL (mostly over the phone - she is in the Apeldoorn office and I was in Amsterdam) that I am working on a project with now as well. She sent an email saying she was going to be out of the office for a trip to Beijing to watch her brother swim the 10k open water (btw, her brother is 6'8" and weighs 203 lbs - typical Dutch guy). I looked up yesterday to see who won the gold medal in the event and it was her brother! How awesome is that! Plus, he has an amazing story... he had leukemia a few years back and almost died, but came back and started swimming again. He swam the race in 1 hr 51 min. I can't even imagine swimming for that long! Ridiculous!

- Speaking of the NL, I may be going back again this year. Actually, it's pretty definite, but I never like to say that until the plane tickets are bought. We sent in the first piece of paperwork the other day to get the whole work visa process going. That process is getting messier and messier. I'm not sure if it's the company my company has hired to do our paperwork or if it's the NL getting stricter about who they give visas to. Last year, people were very unhappy with the process. We had to fly back to the US to get our visas after being in the NL for two weeks. I didn't mind, because it allowed me to be home for Thanksgiving, which I hadn't been the past two years. Anyway, looks like I'll be there from November through the end of January. I've already told my brother to get his passport paperwork turned in because this is probably the last year I go and he's got to make the trip this time!!! I'm also trying to get the p's to come over for a visit. : )

- Other than that, I'm just working on my addiction to the computer. ; ) Matt says it's a serious problem. I beg to differ. I am not a person who can just sit and watch tv. I have to be doing something else. I guess I just have a short attention span or something, but I get bored easily. So, when we are watching tv and I start playing sudoku on the internet or surfing through stupid celebrity news sites or looking at Facebook, he gives me a look like "what the heck is your problem?". Seriously, it's not like I wake up in the middle of the night and go hide out in the bathroom looking at Facebook... now, that would be a problem!

No comments: