We waited for the bus for at least 15 minutes, then switched to another bus, which was a debacle. Lots of people taking public transport to the beach, just like us. It ended up taking us over an hour to get to North Ave Beach. Ridiculous.
We found a spot on the beach and got all set up. Erin and Brett came to meet us and we saw a few planes... then the wind picked up and the drizzling started. It felt nice at first, cooling us off. Then, the announcer said the large umbrellas needed to come down due to the strong winds coming our way. Awesome. Then it downpoured. And none of us brought an umbrella with us. Not so smart.
Soaked!

I call this Matt's pensive look

Soaked blankets

Heat + rain + sand = GROSS!

We waited the storm out and air dried a little. We saw a few more acts and were waiting for the headliners to come out... but, the wind picked up again and more drizzling started. The skies were dark and it really didn't seem like we were going to see any headliners. So, we took off and went to Rocco's for some pizza and beer.
I don't know if the show ever started back up, but we have heard some planes flying over the West Loop. I'm bummed. I really like the Air Show. : (
No comments:
Post a Comment