Not a lot to report, so I'll just spout off some random stuff...
I finished the Twilight book series last night. I'm sure Matt is excited to hear that. He was getting mighty annoyed with me keeping the light on late reading those darn books. It was entertaining to watch him sleep, though. He sometimes laughs and wakes himself up. I don't know what he dreams about, but it must be funny. : )
Speaking of Twilight, Matt and I watched the Twilight movie last weekend. Matt was definitely not impressed. I believe he called it "awful". I would say the book was way better. I think if I hadn't read and liked the book so much, I may not have liked the movie at all either. I've heard the next movie, New Moon, is going to be a lot better. Crossing my fingers.
I had gone to the eye doc a few weeks ago. My old contact style was no longer being made, so they gave me the new version of them. I could not keep those suckers in my eyes. Every time I blinked, they moved. It was like sand-paper on my eyeballs = not good! So, I went back yesterday to get a different brand. The eye doc gave me the third degree about the contacts... like she didn't believe me that I couldn't wear them. "Wow, I haven't heard of anyone having a problem with these, are you sure you wore them long enough?" Yes, lady, trust me, I wore them until I thought my eyes were going to bleed. And like I really wanted to spend my lunch hour coming back over to the store to try on different contacts? Not my idea of fun, lady. After I was thoroughly annoyed, I finally just said to her, I've worn contacts for a lot of years and have never had a problem like this before, I'd like to try a different style. I really couldn't figure out why she cared so much if I changed brands of contacts, but whatev. I got a new pair and so far, so good. I'm highly contemplating having the surgery done, but the thought of lasers on my eyeballs freaks me out. What if the doc sneezes and jumps or something???
My Chicago Card Plus got de-activated, which is so not awesome. Today, I tried to ride the bus and no good. Usually, bus drivers are nice in this situation and say, no big deal - get your card checked out. Not today. This one was giving me the evil eye and not letting me slide by. I had $1.25 and then a couple of $10 bills, so I didn't even have the right change. Finally, some other nice person standing there says, I'll just swipe my card for her. Super nice!
Things on the wedding front are moving along nicely. We sent our Bahamas wedding planner, Stephanie, a big update with all our wedding details we wanted this past weekend. She promptly sent us back an email on Monday morning saying she would read through it and get back to us. Of course, it is now Wednesday... I guess she reads really slow. We picked our dinner options, which was difficult because we don't get to do a tasting first. So, hopefully, the descriptions are true to their words!
Well, that's all for now... have a good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment