Friday of last week was the summer interns' last day of work before heading back to college. Every year, we do a big send off happy hour in the office for them, with games and such. Last year, we did the TP Olympics. This year it was scaled back a bit and we had trivia and the Family Feud.
One of the trivia games was intern coordinators/battle of the sexes. Matt is an intern coordinator, along with another girl we work with, Erin. And there are also two others, Nate and Monica. Since I am dating Matt and Erin is married to John, who also works at TP, they decided it would be fun that the six of us battle it out in a rapid-fire trivia game. Did I mention that Nate and Monica are dating also? After the first round, the girls were up by 4. But, round 2 was a debacle and the guys ended up winning and making up the difference... some might say their questions were a little easier than ours in the second round. I did not say that, because I barely remember the questions I was asked, but we heard people talking about it afterwards. It was all random, so it was pretty much luck of the draw. Originally, I was worried that it would be just me vs. Matt and one of us was going to be pretty embarassed. And by "one of us", I mean Matt, of course. : ) But, luckily it was 3 vs. 3.
Some of the other trivia competitions include 25th floor vs. 26th floor (26th floor won), Notre Dame grads vs. Notre Dame haters (ND haters won), Kraft team vs. Sara Lee team (Kraft team won). The Family Feud was between the four groups: Top Dogs, Middle Management, Young Guns, and Interns. (Middle Management won - yay!)
Afterwards, we went to Dave and Busters, where we played some more trivia. I got lots of Tootsie Rolls with my ticket winnings. : ) We finished off with dinner at the Blue Agave. Lots of interesting people watching at that place.
No comments:
Post a Comment