Tuesday, August 11, 2009

MOB dress shopping

My mom took the train into town on Saturday morning. She wanted to find a dress to wear to our NYE wedding reception, so we hit up some bridal stores.

We stopped first to check out my wedding dress... it came in a few weeks ago, but I wanted her to see it and also just to make sure they got the color and length right. It was perfect! And A LOT heavier than I remembered. Maybe because it was such a hot day, I noticed the weight more than I had in February when I originally tried it on.

We almost had a dress disaster, though... when Erin went to zip the dress back up in the plastic bag, part of the dress got totally stuck in the zipper. We all just looked at each other like 'uh-oh'. We got the store's alterations lady and she was able to maneuver it out without too much snagging/ripping. Whew! At least it was in a spot that wouldn't have been noticeable even if it had ripped.

My mom tried on loads of dresses and we finally found the perfect dress. It looks great on her! We also found some goodies for the gift bags for the Bahamas! Things are starting to come together and I'm getting anxious for the big day to get here!

No comments: