Monday, September 15, 2008

Weekend wrap-up... shopping, babysitting, working

On Saturday, Matt went to the Purdue game with his Dad, brother, etc. I ran a few errands. Linens-n-Things is going out of business, so they have everything marked down at least 20% right now. I also stopped off at DSW to feed my addiction to shoes. I only bought one pair, so I count that as a personal victory. : )

Besides that, I lounged around the house, watched football and took a little nap while it downpoured outside.

On Saturday night, Hany and I babysat for Theresa & Matt's little girl, Lauren. Hany hasn't been around babies much, so she was looking forward to getting over her fear of them. I used to babysit a lot in junior high and high school. Lauren is such a cutie and she was really easy to watch. She rolled around and played on a blanket for most of the night... she loved the tags on all her toys much better than the toys, it seemed! And she loved looking in the mirror (what little girl doesn't!) It's fun to watch what fascinates little babies.

After babysitting, I went back to Matt's to catch some more football and crashed!

On Sunday morning, Matt & I met up with Andy & Michelle for brunch at Flat Top Grill. My favorite part was the pancake I concocted with chocolate chips, toffee pieces, peanut butter cups and brown sugar... like heaven on a plate! : )

Then, I dragged Matt back to Linens-n-Things to check out the sales. He found a bed-in-a-bag comforter set, a big mirror and this wall sconce thing. Then he was done with the shopping. We got the stuff home and the comforter doesn't match the bedroom walls like we thought it would. We were way off on the color! And we also didn't remember how the living room wall looked, so the mirror may be moved to a different spot than originally intended. Oh well.

After the jaunt to LNT, I dropped Matt off at work and I worked at his place for the afternoon... and on into the evening. By the end of the night, my eyes were crossing from staring at my computer screen for so long... and I had a massive headache. Just awesome.

No comments: