Friday, my parents drove up to Chicago for a visit. We did some power shopping at the Lincolnwood Mall after work... my mom bought me a b-day present and Hany also got me another b-day present! It's feelin' a bit like Christmas these days! ; )
After the quick shopping trip, we headed over to Olive Garden for dinner. Matt met up with us (he's not much of a shopper... plus he had to work late). We were seated in our own private room... maybe they thought we were going to be loud or something. Lots of salad and breadsticks... and lots of food. Hello food coma!
Dad cheesing it up for the camera

Nice, Brett... did Matt teach you that one???

On Saturday, my mom, my sister and I went to Kaya Spa to use the gift certificate Matt got me for my birthday. Kaya is in the West Loop not far from Matt's place. We each got one of Kaya's signature massages. This was the first time I'd ever had a massage... my mom and Erin had been before. The massages were awesome. I felt like I could have fallen asleep at the end. I think my Dad was a little jealous that he didn't get to go! : )

After the massages, we stopped off for manicures (Erin and I did, my mom had just gotten one a few days ago). Then we went back to Erin's place to spruce up for our big night on the town... dinner at Red Light and the 8pm show of Jersey Boys.
Dinner at Red Light was amazing, as usual. The food is really good. We loved the sweet potato fries and asparagus... and everyone's entrees were HUGE and delicious!
Group pic... Brett, my mom, me, Rebecca (Brian's gf), Brian, Kevin, Dan, Amy, my dad, Erin and Ross

Afterwards, we watched Jersey Boys, which was really entertaining. I wasn't sure what to expect but it was a very fun way to spend the evening. I didn't know the story behind the Four Seasons, but I recognized a lot of the songs.

On Sunday, we all met up at Mystic Celt for a few appetizers and to catch the beginning of the Bears game. Then we walked to Wrigley to catch the Cubs v. Cards game. My parents are big Cardinals fans being from the bottom half of the state. I grew up a Cards fan... when I was little I even got to go on the field at the stadium and meet Fredbird, very exciting for a 5 year old. Of course, I don't actually remember doing this. I think it was because I had won some contest for having the longest braids (aka Little Miss Piglet... awesome, right??? My town was big into pork.)
Anyway, the game on Sunday went by really fast and the Cubs won.
Ross and Erin

Yes, Dad you are in the picture

My mom and Hany

Me and Matt... his obligatory one pic (where he actually smiles) of the day

Me, Hany and my mom

The 7th inning stretch was sung by the grounds crew and Jim Belushi. Awesome!

We finished up the day with a bbq at Erin's place. Hot dogs and brats (marinated in beer/onions/peppers)... all soooooo good! To top it off, my mom bought my sister and I an ice cream cake to celebrate our birthdays (mine was a few weeks ago and Erin's is this Wednesday). I love ice cream cake!

I was so exhausted from this weekend, I think I fell asleep by 9:30 Sunday night.
Good times! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment