This past weekend we had lots planned and had a very busy weekend! I am worn out! : o
On Friday, Matt's mom flew into Chicago and we hung out at Matt's house with Erin and John (some co-workers that live across the street). We had pizza and played Wii. Actually, the girls watched John and Matt have a big Yahtzee tournament on the Wii. I fell asleep... a little too much wine, perhaps?
On Saturday, Matt took his mom to lunch at Joe's Stonecrab and then to see Jersey Boys. They loved the show!
While they were on their "date", I went out to my aunt and uncle's house in Arlington Hts to meet up with my parents who were also visiting for the weekend. My dad, uncle and brother all go to the Auto Show every year, so they headed downtown for that. The girls all went wedding dress shopping. Lots of dresses were tried on! We went to about 4 places and ended up with a few favorites and a lot of not-so-favorites. It's tiring trying on dresses all day!
Then, we all headed to the hotel where our Chicago reception is going to be and took a little tour of the ballroom and a hotel room and of course, had a drink in the bar (which by the way has a 4am license!) Other than a minor mishap where my Dad almost wiped out walking down the stairs (seriously, folks... we can't take him anywhere!), the tour went off very smoothly! I wanted the moms to see what we had to work with for the tables, decorations, etc. for the reception here. It was set up for the annual Blind Convention dance, so the place was pretty sterile looking, not a lot of decorations. Kind of a bad first look for the moms, but oh well.
Afterwards, we headed for our big Valentine's Day dinner at the Ram in Rosemont. I think once dinner was over, I could have fallen asleep just about anywhere!
Sunday, Matt made brunch for all of us at his place. We had eggs, potatoes, turkey sausage, toast, fruit... so good! Oh, and kick-a55 Bloody Marys!!! I had a few sips of his! I made myself a mimosa... ok, a few mimosas! The girls played some cards while the guys caught up on couch sitting and sports watching. Then the girls headed to House Of Brides for some more wedding dress shopping. I found a few yes's and a few no's there, but still haven't figured out exactly what I want.
Sunday night, we had our weekly bowling league... my team is not doing nearly as well this year. We are not defending our title well! : ( By the end of the night, the ball felt about 50 pounds and I was ready for some zzzzzzzz's.
Later today, Matt's mom flies back to Florida.
I think Matt is ready for the wedding talk to go back down to normal levels, as the moms and I spent most of the weekend talking about dresses and decorations and all sorts of wedding stuff! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment