Wednesday, February 11, 2009

MIA on the blog

I don't know why, but I have not been immediately posting every little aspect (no matter how boring) of my life to the blog these days. I haven't taken many pictures lately either... which is crazy because I'm usually the type of person that will take a picture of Matt walking in the door at night... big occasion, I know! : )

Anyway, I'm making an effort to do just that now... I know Matt will be uber-excited to hear that the camera is coming back out!

So, anyway, there isn't too much going on besides the wedding planning. Just when things seem to be going ok, there is always a hiccup.

The Chicago wedding reception is moving along nicely. I'm hoping that we sign with a DJ this week and get that taken care of. Next is photography.

The Bahamas wedding... well, that's another story. The woman we've been working with has kind of gone MIA on me. Not a good sign, considering I haven't even given her any money yet (I thought they waited 'til you paid them, then became hard to reach... isn't that how it's supposed to go?) I talked to her 2 weeks ago and we went through all of the details of the wedding, reception, etc. and she said she would put together a contract for Matt and I to look over. She even wanted to meet with us to go through it in person (she actually lives in Chicago). Well, that's the last I've heard from her. I have emailed her twice with no response. Seriously??? I am very surprised that she didn't even at least shoot me a quick email saying she was still working on the contract or give me some kind of update. Super strange.

Other than wedding planning...

I went to see "New In Town" with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick, Jr. I'm not a big fan of Renee Zellweger, so I wasn't a big fan of the movie. I love Harry Connick, Jr. though. It kind of reminded me of a Lifetime movie. Pretty cheesy. We were hoping to see "He's just not that into you", but it was sold out.

I watched the Bachelor on Monday night... hometown dates = bring out the crazies! Naomi's family is off the charts. On one hand, you have her dad who is practically preaching to Jason and going all religious on him. And then there's her mom, who brings out a dead dove that she hit with her car for Jason to bury and euologize. I can't even imagine how her mom and dad ever were married in the first place. They seem so different! I wasn't shocked by Jason's decision at the end. I don't really know who my favorite is... probably Jillian. I think Jason is beginning to sound like a broken record. He says the same things every week.

I didn't watch the Biggest Loser yet, because I was getting my hair done last night. Matt said it was a good one, so I'm hoping to watch it tonight after v-ball.

That's the update for now. This weekend my parents and Matt's mom will be in town... we are going wedding dress shopping! : )

No comments: