Friday, February 29, 2008

Last night in Amsterdam

The final apartment inspection went well... the guy from the rental agency told me that the place was the cleanest anyone has ever left it. I think he also wanted to get out of there fast so he was trying to get the owner to stop looking through all the cabinets and stuff.

One thing he did find... apparently, I did not know the correct place to remove the lint from the dryer. Here is a pic of the wad of lint that had built up over the past four months (OOPS!)... the guy from the rental agency took it out of the dryer so the owner didn't see it! thx! : )



After the inspection, I hit the gym for one last time. Then, I met up with Dan and 6 of his friends that were in town for dinner and a few drinks. Dan is traveling around (Barcelona, Dublin, Munich) with one of the guys for the next week or so, and the other guys are going to Italy. They are all meeting back up in Amsterdam for a day before flying back to the States.

A few people from the Rotterdam office were at a concert in Amsterdam, so we met up with them at an Irish pub. I should have paid better attention to how late the trams run because I left the bar at 12:45 and turns out the last tram to Centraal Station was at 12:34. Nice. Considering Amsterdam is a pretty safe city and there are people everywhere at all hours, I decided to just walk home... made it back just fine, but saw some strange people along the way. : )

No comments: