Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Packing is no fun

My apartment looks like a tornado hit it right now... such a mess! I managed to get everything out of the drawers, closets, cabinets and "organized" so that it will be easy to pack. I'm still not sure everything is going to fit in my suitcase and duffle bag. I brought a bunch of my shoes to work so that I can pack them in a box here and ship them back to the Chicago office. My shoes (a lot of boots!) are big and heavy and take up a lot of room, so hopefully I can free up enough space for the rest of my stuff in my suitcase. We'll see!

I didn't plan the cash situation too well... I ran out of cash yesterday and had to take out more this morning. I'm sure I'll find a way to spend whatever is left over, though. I'm looking forward to the duty-free at the airport! : )

I arranged the "check-out" with the apartment rental agency. They are coming to my place on Friday at 5:15pm to go through the inventory of the apartment. Also, they are going to check how much "energy" I used while here. There is a fee if I used too much, but I'm not sure how much is "too much" and what that fee is... hope I don't have to find out. I've ironed most of the sheets (they requested this... I would not do this on my own) and will do a final cleaning of the place tomorrow night. Apparently, I am cleaning the place for the next person, who might possibly be moving in the afternoon of the day I leave.

I set up my taxi to the airport online and I'm supposed to get a call on Friday night telling me what time they are picking me up Saturday morning. The email they sent said if I don't hear from them by 8:15pm Friday, I have to call some 0900 number to find out the time. This is so typical and drives me crazy here. Every number I've had to call for customer service is an 0900 number, which charges a crazy fee per minute. And when you call, you are always put on hold for at least 3 minutes... such a rip-off!

Countdown... less than 4 days to go! : )

No comments: