Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Big Bowl & V-ball & a good book


Tuesday night, I met up with Hany for dinner at Big Bowl. I love the fresh ginger ale they make... and the food is SO good. I strayed from my usual orange chicken this time and tried the salmon pad thai... another great dish! : )




Wednesday night was the first game of our new volleyball league. After our disappointing loss in the first round of playoffs in the last league (after being the #1 seed and losing to one of the last place teams!), we were all pumped to start this season off right. We played our old nemesis "Fun Pack" again... seriously, we have been in the top of the league with these guys for a couple years now. It's always a good battle when we get together. Last night, we had a few subs and we started out a little rusty after our two week hiatus. But, we won the first two games... and then as history repeats itself, we tanked in the third game. Even though we tell ourselves not to do it, we always feel like we've won after the first two games and end up losing the third. In this league, the third game counts just as much as the first two, so I'm really not sure why we get this way.

Here is the book I just finished reading... Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin. My sister recommended it to me and I loved it. It's a very quick, easy, entertaining read. I'm starting on the next one, Something Blue, now.

No comments: