Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Sunday

So, I've not unpacked a thing yet... it seems my closets have shrunk and all the stuff I took with me overseas no longer has a place anymore. So, for now, it will all just stay in the suitcases on my bed and strewn around my bedroom. At least I can find things easily!

I went through the big stack of mail I had accumulated over the past 4 months. Even though I came home at Christmas time, I really didn't look through the mail. In hindsight, this was a bad idea for more than one reason. Apparently, I had an outstanding bill to my doctor's office that I was being sent invoices for... well, now that it's been so long, they sent me to a collection agency. Great... a strike against my credit. I was able to pay the bill over the phone this morning. The other reason was that I had received a rebate check for my contacts I had bought in September... the check was dated 11/28/2007 and is void after 90 days (for those of you that don't want to do the math, that would be 2/26/2008). The check is for $100! Ugh! Most of the mail I get is junk and I pay my bills online, so I wasn't too worried about not checking the mail. Lesson learned, I guess.

I managed to stay awake all day on Sunday, even went for a jog outside in the warm weather (it got over 50 degrees here!). Of course, the run was rough for a lot of reasons... the "lakes" on the sidewalks from all the melting snow, the remaining patches of ice, the fact that I had only been running on a treadmill up til now, that fact that I wore way too many clothes for the temperature and the fact that I was jet lag... my legs felt like they were 1,000 pounds each. I ran about 20 minutes and called it quits. I've got a lot of work to do before the Shamrock Shuffle!

Sunday night... we went bowling in our Sunday night league. I haven't been bowling in a really long time and it was fun to get back at it. My first game I bowled a 170, second 143 and last 130. By the end of the night, the ball felt like it was 20 pounds... and I was ready for some sleep. Our team (DeezNuts) is in second place in the league and we swept the other team. Awesome!

No comments: