Last night, Matt and I went to the All-Star Sports bar in PT for a few drinks to celebrate Neema's last day at Mercer. Then we headed to Bar Louie for dinner. We were sitting at a table at Bar Louie and another couple walked in and sat at the table next to us and hello... let's just say I had flashbacks to the "aroma" in Amsterdam. It's like they had bathed in the stuff or something, it was really strong! They each downed what looked like straight gin in a glass with a lime, ordered a bunch of food, sent half of it back, then ordered a margarita and complained about it not tasting right. Quite a show those two.
Today is Matt's big FSA lunch at Smith & Wollenky's. I think he's taking the afternoon off to recover from the food coma he will be in after that lunch! Strike that... the boy is still at work (big surprise).
Every Friday at work, the group of cubicles Matt and I sit in does the FMBC (Friday Morning Breakfast Club). In addition to breakfast, if you are really nice, you bring in an afternoon snack for everyone as well. This week was Dan's turn... he made cinnamon rolls and bought Krispy Kreme donuts. Very tasty. Next week is my turn... I haven't figured out what I'm bringing yet. Matt is sort of the self-appointed FMBC president... he has a rule that if not enough people like what you bring in, you have to bring in something the following week, too. He should be impeached.
I saw a link on Clint's blog to this essay written by a tall girl. This girl has a few inches on me... but I can relate to the stuff she writes about. One of my (shorter) friends in college used to get a kick out of walking behind me when we'd walk through crowded bars just to hear all the comments people would make after I passed by. One of my favorite random tall comments that a guy at a bar in St. Louis said to me... "Whoa, you must have drank a lot of milk as a child!" I thought that was pretty original.
This Sunday is the Shamrock Shuffle 8K race... not sure if the weather is going to be all that great for it. Of course, the weather won't be my biggest problem (but I will certainly use it as an excuse!). As I predicted, I have totally slacked off on running since I've been back in the States. I had every intention to keep up at it, but no such luck. Sunday should be interesting.
No comments:
Post a Comment