Friday night, I met up with Erin for dinner. We were also supposed to meet up with Fredy (who is now working in my building), but she was MIA. We decided to go to Bar Louie by Matt's house in case Fredy was able to get off work and join us. Plus, I needed to move my car.
Erin and I were sitting at a table chatting and having a couple drinks while we waited for our food to get there and some guy comes up to our table. His big intro was "Hi, I'm your bartender"... Erin and I look at each like "ok", wondering if he really was our bartender (answer = NO). He just stands there for a minute and then says, "I don't mean to interrupt your conversation, but..." and then continues to babble on. Ummm.. yeah you do or else you would have just stayed at your own table. Then out of nowhere, he starts in on this story about how he played football in high school, but was too small and too slow to be first string and so he started playing hockey... blah, blah, blah.
Then, he asks us if we are friends (no, idiot... we are just two random people that happen to be sitting at the same table eating together, so we decided to talk to each other!?!?) Of course, we say we are sisters and then he goes through the whole thing of trying to figure out how we look alike (and don't look alike). He then looks at me and says "whoa, you are really tall!" and says "stand up". I'm thinking to myself... how long must I be nice to this annoying person? I looked around wondering if this fool had any friends that can see that Erin and I are totally not digging this guy at all and that will come save him from being a further embarrassment to himself? Nope. So, he insists I stand up and I do and then he looks at Erin and tells her she is short. What? She is like 5'8"... that is not short. Finally, we stop talking to the guy and he eventually gets the hint to leave... at least for a little while.
He came back later after we had our food and this time says to us "Hi, I'm your waiter" and just stands there. What is wrong with this guy?!?! I'm sure it has something to do with the amount of alcohol he has consumed. This time we were done with it and pretty much ignored him. Rude.
No comments:
Post a Comment