But, here is what happened in a nutshell...
The folks were in town last weekend, mainly to see the Cubs v. Cards game on Sunday night, which ended up getting canceled due to all the rain. Bummer! It was nice to hang out with them and we had fun even though they didn't get to the game.
We celebrated Brett's b-day on Saturday night at Big Bowl and then followed that up with banana splits at our place. Very good!

On Sunday, we went shopping and I found some swimsuits for the honeymoon. Macy's was having their annual flower show and the whole place was decorated with flowers and spring colors. It was really pretty! Of course, I took a few pics...


Monday was the big day... moving day! The movers (Golan's) showed up early and were all done in about 3 hours. I didn't have too much stuff, but wanted them to move some furniture from the third floor to the garage at Erin's place... so it was well worth it to hire them! I think I've used Golan's at least 4 times now and they are really good.
This is what our living room looked like post-move/pre-unpacking.

I spent the majority of the day on Monday organizing, going through boxes, trying to figure out where the heck the stuff was going to go. I still have a few boxes to go through and the hallway is packed with all the stuff we are getting rid of. So, there is still a lot to do before Operation Move is accomplished.
Unfortunately, I couldn't spend any more time unpacking yet... Tuesday morning, I flew to Pittsburgh around 6:30am for work. I spent the remainder of the week in Pittsburgh working on my favorite ketchup company. I flew back to Chicago last night. Matt picked me up from the airport and we grabbed dinner at Holiday Bar and Grill. It's good to be back! Well, at least for a few days... I'm off to St. Louis on Monday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment