Thursday, April 30, 2009

That's a wrap

Our presentation to the STL office went well and we've wrapped everything up now! Yay! Almost time to head back to Chicago!

This morning, there were four of us in a conference room prepping for our presentation. We had a few minutes to kill, so we started reading all the news stories about the swine flu. I mentioned I had a sore throat and was tired, plus we are all flying somewhere this afternoon/evening, so we wanted to look up the symptoms, etc. and find out how many cases there were now in our respective cities. Some of the stuff is a little nuts... like some guy made a song up about the swine flu (obviously, someone with too much time on their hands, right?) I wanted to go get some hand sanitizer and some of that Airborne stuff to drink, so I walked down the block and picked some up before lunch. When I got back, everyone thought that was a good idea, so I shared and we all had an Airborne drink. Cheers!

Of course, who knows if that will really help, but at least we are getting a big boost of Vitamin C and some other good stuff. Can't hurt!

I'm going to meet up with my friend Crystal for a drink or two before I head to the airport. The flight before mine is sold out, so no use trying to do standby, plus Crystal was off work to move this week and said she could come meet me.

I just hope the weather doesn't deter me from getting home at a decent hour. I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed tonight and seeing the fiance'! : )

No comments: