On the el out to Midway... Matt's typical pose

Our spiffy red Dodge Avenger rental car

Our first stop was Chik-Fil-A. As this was Good Friday and the last Friday in Lent, I had planned to not eat meat... but, I decided to get chicken anyway. How often do I get to a Chik-Fil-A??? It was very delish!
We walked around the Samford University campus, Matt's alma mater. We walked through a few buildings trying to find where they had moved the Math Dept. None of Matt's former professors were in their offices, so he didn't get to catch up with any of them. The campus is very pretty.
Samford University

More Samford University

On Friday night, we went out for some southern cooking to a place called Dale's Southern Grill. Afterwards, we ended up at the Margarita Grill by our hotel. Within walking distance + Live music coming from the patio = Perfection! The music was just one guy with a guitar. He was singing country when we got there and then he started singing just about everything under the sun. I told Matt I would request something and he jokingly said "Pour Some Sugar on Me". About 10 minutes later, the guy sang that song. We just looked at each other like we were in the twilight zone. Then, it got kinda crazy in the Margarita Grill... the guy singing invited a group of girls to dance on the bar and he sang a couple of dance songs.
Down the hatch! Shots at the Margarita Grill... not the best idea ever!

Saturday, we met up with Matt's friend, Lawrence, for breakfast and they reminisced about old college buddies and told some funny stories. Lawrence reminds me a lot of Matt's friend from Peru, Ryan.
We shopped for a little bit in the afternoon and then watched the Masters/took a nap back at the hotel. You can guess which one of us took the nap and which one watched the Masters. ; )
The wedding was at the American Village in a very pretty chapel. The timing was perfect because the sun was setting and filtering into the chapel through the huge windows. The reception was held in a decorated barn. We ate, drank and danced (but, to only one song!) and then the party was over. We never even got a picture of us together all dressed up! : ( Lawrence and Dana were off in the their limo by 10pm.
Dana and Lawrence cutting the cake

Matt and Lawrence

So, since the party was over earlier than we thought, what did Matt and I do??? Margarita Grill again! : ) This time it wasn't nearly as crazy, so we had a couple drinks, stumbled back to the hotel and called it a night. Actually, we stopped off for a Krystal fix before (Krystal is like the White Castle of the South, I think).
On Easter, we had lunch outdoors at Jim-n-Nick's BBQ. It was so sunny and warm! Made me ready for better weather and not want to come back to chilly Chicago. We decided to take advantage of the sun and stopped back off at Samford for a little bit before heading to the airport. We walked around and saw a few kids doing an Easter egg hunt.
Matt and I on Easter at Samford

Then, it was back to the windy city. While waiting for our flight, Matt and I played lots of games of gin and he schooled me! And he schooled me again at bowling in our standing date night bet later that night. I was even up by 47 pins going into the third game and I tanked. Disappointing!
I hope everyone had a great Easter! Since I missed spending it with my family, my mom sent back an Easter basket with goodies for Matt and I with my sister. Thanks! : )
No comments:
Post a Comment