Thursday, April 2, 2020

Quarantine - Day 21: Roller Skating

Fourth Day of Spring Break

The girls have renewed their love of roller skating. We are taking it to the streets instead of just limiting it to the small circle in the basement. At first, they were apprehensive about being outside, but that quickly changed. They were skating around like they were part of the roller derby!




Some days they get along great. Some days they can barely stand each other. It's tough being holed up with the same people for so long. At least they get a break when they get to hang out with their cousins. It seems like all the kids have a breaking point and that is about 5:00 PM each day. They do much better when we keep them on a schedule and they know that schedule.

Tonight, I was laying in Morgan's bed trying to get her to go to sleep. She was pretty quiet, so I assumed she was almost asleep. Then, she says to me, "Mommy, I really miss my friends at school". I said it's tough not being able to see them every day. I asked her which friend she missed most and she said Mrs. Richards, her teacher. :) Morgan is the kind of kid who would be friends with anyone and is very outgoing. So, I'm sure this lack of social interaction is weighing on her.

We're trying to make the kids feel as "normal" as possible during all of this, but it's tough. We don't feel "normal" and I'm sure they see that. I can't believe we're on day 21, with really no determinable end in sight. Let's just hope for good weather and sunshine to lift everyone's spirits!

No comments: