Avery had a Zoom call with her class. This is the first one since they announced that school would be canceled the rest of the year. The teacher asked the kids to draw a picture of how they are feeling about school being canceled. Avery drew this sad face. :( Lots of the kids drew sad or mad faces on the call.
Since we can't celebrate like we would normally, we tried to make Mama Ruth's birthday as special as possible. She loves Pizza Hut, so we picked up a pizza and went over to her building to show her the signs we made and sing Happy Birthday. I think she really loved seeing us "in person", even though it was three floors apart. The girls loved getting out of the house to go somewhere other than aunt Erin's house or a walk around the neighborhood. I know I'm happy when I can get out somewhere "normal" and not feel so trapped in the house all the time. I'm sure they feel the same way.
| Mama Ruth is on the balcony above |
The girls had their cupcakes with Mama Ruth after dinner over Facetime and sang again to her. She blew out a candle on her cupcake. They loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment