Saturday, December 22, 2007

Internet shopping is not all it's cracked up to be!

Since I've been overseas and the Euro sucks, I decided to do most of my Christmas shopping online. I thought... this will be so nice and easy. I had everything delivered to Matt's place because he has a doorman and my house does not. Well, not everything came in... in fact, one order was canceled (no explanation!), one order put on hold, another said it shipped Dec 18th but it's no where to be found (I even paid for the expedited shipping on that one!) and yet another one said it was shipped and I even got a tracking number that said it was in transit... but it didn't show up yet. Needless to say, I am in kind of a bind because I really hate not giving someone a present to open on Christmas... it just doesn't seem right. So, this morning, Erin and I went shopping on Michigan Ave and I picked up quite a lot of stuff in the short 2 hours we were there. Not bad. I still have a few more things to pick up, but at least I've got most of it under control.

Speaking of this morning... my "morning" started at 3:30am. Yep, that whole trying not to fall asleep thing last night didn't work. I crashed watching tv around 7:30pm and slept until 3:30am. At that point, I was WIDE awake like it was noon or something! There isn't a lot going on at 3:30am and I tried to fall back asleep, but no luck. I even downed some more of my duty-free Baileys. Didn't help. Tonight, I am determined to keep myself awake until 9pm. It's going to be a long week if I can't get on some sort of decent sleep schedule while I'm home.

After the speed-shopping, I had a hair appointment with Duschan and got a manicure down the street from the salon. This manicure place was pretty cool... they actually gave me a neck, shoulder and back massage while my hands were wrapped up in warm towels. It was so nice!

Tomorrow, Matt comes back from Indiana (unfortunately, he's been there for a funeral the past three days). I can't wait to see him! : ) We're heading to Rochester on Monday morning for Christmas.

1 comment:

Mich said...

What is this manicure place? Glad you made it home safe and sound - happy holidays to you and the fam!