Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year... INSANE!!!!

Happy 2008!!!

It was absolutely insane here! (still is!) I can't even describe the craziness of it all! We were out in Dam Square with tens of thousands of other people counting down til midnight (I actually have no idea how many people were there... just know it was expected to be like 50,000 and it was packed in Dam Sqaure and down all the side streets... even all the way back to where my apartment is). Apparently, the theme of the evening was fireworks and pot! Everyone was smoking and throwing fireworks up in the air! Not a great combination, if you ask me!

We all went for dinner at a mexican restuarant not far from our apartment:



The crowd at Dam Sqaure:



Erin and I waiting for midnight!



Happy 2008:



Us at New Year's with the fireworks in the background:



Bryan, Erin and I:



Erin and I with some random guy with a chicken:



All the people hanging out on the monument in Dam Sqaure:



Here's a video from Dam Square... it really doesn't do the scene justice, though!



On our walk home we passed fires and tons of fireworks. I was scared that they would hit me! Across the street from my apartment, there is a famous London DJ playing all night. Still going on now! Crazy crowd of people over there! I'm waiting for someone to end up in the canal! : )

To see more pics from the night, CLICK HERE.

No comments: