
His debut album is called Life in Cartoon Motion and I bought it from ITunes for $7.99. It is selling for like 20 Euros in the stores here in Amsterdam and for 10 Euros on the Dutch ITunes store (which I couldn't purchase it from there anyway... good thing, since it's almost twice as expensive!).
I don't know what it is, but I've become a big fan of his songs. Some of them are really catchy and fun... he also has some typical ballads. If you go out to a bar here, you are almost guaranteed to hear one of his songs. And I just read that he was nominated for a Grammy for best dance recording for his song Love Today. He's up against The Chemical Brothers, Justice, Rihanna and Justin Timberlake.
[On a complete sidenote, speaking of The Chemical Brothers... you should check out their song/video called The Salmon Dance sometime if you haven't already seen it. This is not the song that is nominated for a Grammy, but it's funny. It's some kid hallucinating that his fish are singing and dancing. I've seen this video on MTV here a few times. I'm not sure if they are playing it in the states, too.]
Since Mika's British and I'm in Europe, I looked to see if he would be playing anywhere near me in the next few months. It just figures that he's doing a US tour starting in January. He's going to be at the House of Blues in Chicago on Feb 5th. By the time I get back to the States, he's back in London doing shows.
In case you have a few minutes and want to hear something else from the album, here's another video. Enjoy! : )
Music Videos - Relax (Take It Easy)
No comments:
Post a Comment